Men’s Halloween costumes for 2011 should be relaxed & fun. Find out about easy DIY options such as Clark Kent & the modern day Vampire.
Halloween is a time of year for everyone to relax and enjoy playing dress up. Adults can look crazy and funky while having the freedom to look stupid for a full twenty-four hours without restrictions or judgment.
Unique Men’s Halloween Costumes for 2011
Every year, there are a few Halloween costumes that are unique to the year. This year, there’s plenty of famous celebrities that will elicit laughs from everyone at your Halloween party. A few options:
- Charlie Sheen. Find some sunglasses, a white shirt, and a bottle of “tiger’s blood” and you’ll be covered. Add to the effect by saying “Winning!” all night.
- Presidential Candidates. From Mitt Romney to Rick Perry, dress up in a suit and tie to pull off the look. For Rick Perry, you can add a gun and even a coyote pelt.
- Lady Gaga/Jo Calderone. This year, the guys can have fun with the Lady Gaga costume and channel the male persona she adopted for the MTV Music Video Awards. It just takes a black blazer, white shirt, and lots of hair gel to get it in the ’50s, Elvis-style.
TV/Movie Inspired Halloween Costumes for Men
For a few always classic options, try one of these iconic characters from the entertainment industry.
- Robin Hood
- Ninja Turtles
- Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters
- Karate Kid
Classic Halloween Male Costumes for 2011
These costumes never go out of style and are easy to find in costume shops.
- Greek Toga
- Mario Brother
DIY Halloween Costumes
Whether you were being lazy/had no time in your bust schedule to find a costume or perhaps you want to get creative below are some fantastic DIY ideas for Halloween costumes.
Ghost Costume, maybe the easiest costume to make yourself
- Get a large white sheet, big enough to cover your whole body back and front.
- Cut holes out for your arms to go through.
- On the space that will cover your face use a black marker pen to draw on a face. Choose between a growling ghost face or a sinister happy one.
- Step the design process up a notch by cutting jagged edges along the hem.
Modern Day Vampire
- Using face paints/costume makeup make your face pale using white paint/powder. Use a black/grey paint to create circles under your eyes, red paint for your lips and blood drool from your mouth.
- Wear an old zip up hoodie over a torn tee shirt and jeans for the teen Vampire 2011 look!
- Wear a superman tee shirt under a classic dark suit with a white shirt. Remember to leave the shirt ripped open to show the superman tee logo.
- Get some fake thick rimmed glasses for the “before” look.
’50s/’60s Basketball Player
- Cut your gym shorts and hem them to make a tighter shorter version, pair with a sleeveless jersey
- Get a sweatband for your head and wrists, you can find these for cheap at the dollar store or Party City.
- Borrow a girlfriends knee high socks.
- Wear old plimsoles or classic converse high tops.
- Make your hair look sweaty and messy with some gel.
This Halloween 2011, above all, have fun!