Hair trends for the fall/winter 2011 season saw a mix of looks. Choose the look that suits your lifestyle from messy unkempt looks to neat styles and many hairstyles in-between.
- Country Girl Gone To The City Bun
For fall 2011 the bun updo is messier than previous seasons. Leaving pieces out and adding roughness to the look was seen on the runways of Chanel, Michael Kors, and Narcisco Rodriguez.
- Gather hair into a mid ponytail and secure with a thin elastic band.
- Spray on salt spray/beach texture hairspray to create a rough look and texture.
- Twist the pony around the elastic band and secure with pins in the same color of your hair so they are not too obvious.
Purchase: Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Hairspray.
- Grown-Up Bouffant Hairstyle
Blame this new look on mixing classic style with reality TV, seen on models at Jean Paul Gaultier, Peter Som, and Fendi.
- Spray volumizing hairspray onto slightly damp hair.
- Back comb at the crown for desired volume on top.
- Secure the back into a French twist, using pins to secure.
- Spritz all over with hairspray for a final lasting touch.
Purchase: Garnier Volumizing Anti-Humidity Spray and Garnier Fructis Hairpsray Style XXL Volume, Extra Strong.
- Neat Schoolgirl Style
This innocent look is back this season with a sleek ponytail. Alexander Wang, Gucci and Marc Jacobs all highlighted this serious style this season.
- Flat iron your hair.
- Gather tightly into a high ponytail and secure with a thin elastic band.
- Using an inch strand of hair hide the elastic band by wrapping the hair around the band or use an opaque band for ease.
- Spray a shine spray all over your hair for a wet look.
Purchase: Chi Shine Infusion Thermal Polishing Spray
Tip: Head to drugstores for hair products on a budget.
Tip: Shop online for multi/bulk buys to get cheaper options and for an even better deal sign up for coupons from beauty/hair stores such as Ulta Beauty.
Mix classic with contemporary and make your mornings easier this season!